Enjoy the best of both worlds - amazing opportunity in the Winterless North.
This is an electrical engineering role with a difference. We need someone who wants to be part of a start-up company with the backing of McKay Group, helping to design and manufacture new innovative products to support a greener future. We are offering a fantastic role and career opportunity with the added bonus which the benefits of life in Northland can bring. We have more affordable housing, less time spent commuting to work, with amazing beaches and a wide range of outdoor activities on your doorstep.
Electric Drive Ltd is a start up company, taking on the journey that McKay has already started in Marine Electric Propulsion. We already have electric boats of varying sizes in the water and are now setting up a team dedicated to this work to accelerate ourselves further in this emerging market.
We are currently on the look-out for a Chief Technology Officer to join our exciting start-up. You will be someone who has a background in electrical engineering and is passionate about the marine industry, EV’s or green technologies. You will have the ability to work from the high-level vision to being involved in the detailed technical solutions. You will be a team player (as well as a great leader) who is able to work well under pressure.
What you are going to be doing:
- Meeting with business management, marketing, and the R&D team to discuss product ideas.
- Conducting market research and evaluating similar products and their functions.
- Collaborating with the engineering and marketing department on product feasibility.
- Redesigning existing products to enhance functionality or reduce costs.
- Creating design projects and specification sheets.
- Presenting product designs to management and stakeholders.
- Overseeing the engineering of product prototypes.
- Testing prototype products for functionality, ease-of-use, and longevity.
- Develop and oversee product development and test programs from concept, through to launch and improvement from real world feedback.
- Lead a team of engineers and trades people to deliver a technologically advanced and quality product.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, or relevant field.
- Desire to continue learning and to continue being the knowledge leaders in the market.
- Ability to work in with the EDL and wider McKay team.
- Willing to take on new challenges to help the EDL team succeed.
If this role sounds like you, apply now and join our team in the winterless north! For a confidential conversation about the opportunity please email Fiona Bycroft (email@example.com) to arrange a time to discuss further.